Sequoia Capital continues to retain its spot as the top investor in unicorns, with 17 currently in their portfolio including Instacart, AirBnB, and Square. Kleiner Perkins and Andreessen Horowitz were tied for second place with 15 unicorn companies each. Some other interesting points:
- 4 of the top 8 investors in unicorns are large, typically public market investors (mutual fund, bulge-bracket investment banks, etc.). Goldman, Fidelity Investments, Wellington Management, and T. Rowe Price all have 12 or more US unicorns in their portfolios.
- There are now 43 institutional investors with at least 5 US unicorns in their portfolio, compared to 14 when we did this analysis in early March.
The proportion of unicorn investments that were early-stage offers another way to gauge the firms’ relative investment prowess… Some of the best investors on this list are SV Angel (12 unicorns with 9 investments at the early stage), Y-Combinator (6 unicorns and 6 early-stage investments in unicorns), as well as First Round Capital, Benchmark Capital, and Lowercase Capital.
- RT @efernandez: One of the very early AI historical milestones circa 1308, Ramon Llull and his 'thinking machine' forbes.com/sites/gilpress… v… gPressed 2 days ago
- RT @AndrewinContact: Visualizing the Rise of Digital #Payment Adoption bit.ly/2VTQimJ via @YuHelenYu by @VisualCap #COVID19 and #… gPressed 2 days ago
- RT @Arindamdeb3000: As stay-at-home orders continue, @Akamai is witnessing #enterprise-connected devices increase by over 40%. Learn how th… gPressed 2 days ago
- RT @rhpowell4: As stay-at-home orders continue, @Akamai is witnessing #enterprise-connected devices increase by over 40%. Learn how this is… gPressed 6 days ago
- RT @AndrewinContact: Congrats to the Top 10 #DigitalTransformation Influencers in July! Info. by @kcore_analytics of people that know #dig… gPressed 6 days ago