- RT @grjenkin: The Landscape Of AI And Real-World Evidence forbes.com/sites/gilpress… via @rightrelevance thanks @gilpress gPressed 3 days ago
- The Landscape Of AI And Real-World Evidence via @forbes forbes.com/sites/gilpress… gPressed 3 days ago
- #Healthcare #AI Conversations are Getting More Strident the-yuan.com/172/Healthcare… #NLP gPressed 1 week ago
- RT @YuanCommunity: Conversational #AI solutions proliferate, driven by #Covid19 telemedicine experiences, advances in natural language proc… gPressed 1 week ago
- RT @yicaichina: Check the article from @GilPress to explore how conversational #AI solutions, such as chatbots and virtual agents, interact… gPressed 1 week ago
Category Archives: Business Impact
The new Global IBM CEO Study found that almost one-quarter of CEOs say their organizations operate below par in terms of driving value from data. A consumer products CEO from North America summarized the feeling of frustration brought about by the explosion in … Continue reading
“I asked Hammond to predict what percentage of news would be written by computers in 15 years. At first he tried to duck the question, but with some prodding he sighed and gave in: ‘More than 90 percent.’” Steven Levy … Continue reading
Two new research reports on big data flash out its early impact on enterprise IT.
News today that the CEO of Best Buy has abruptly stepped down. According to the Wall Street Journal he did do apparently because of his “personal conduct.” But the recently announced $1.7 billion quartely loss is still the news that matters … Continue reading
“From social media to medical revolutions anchored in metadata analyses, wherein astronomical feats of data crunching enable heretofore unimaginable services and businesses, we are on the cusp of unimaginable new markets.”–Mark Mills and Julio Ottino, “The Coming Tech-Led Boom,” The … Continue reading
What if current buyers of enterprise IT became the most important IT suppliers? Consider this scenario: By the end of this decade, a number of established and emerging enterprises will become big data-driven entities, expanding beyond their narrowly defined “industries” … Continue reading
The end of Big Data? Based on his discussions with CIOs, reports Derrick Harris at GigaOm, Opera Solutions’ CEO Arnab Gupta “thinks the analytics market will crest around the end of next year as CIOs face enormous data spikes.” Is … Continue reading
What’s the new landscape of the information business as Cloud Computing and the Big Data Wave usher in the Age of Big Cloud Data (ABCD)?
The Wikipedia article on Big Data says it “requires exceptional technologies to efficiently process large quantities of data within tolerable elapsed times.” The examples given (Hadoop, MapReduce, Cloud Computing, etc.) do not include one very exceptional technology, the human brain, … Continue reading