- 2013: Qualcomm has presented their Zeroth processor for brain-inspired computing.
- 2012: Google X has been working on implementing the largest Deep Neural Network to date on a 16,000-node server.
- 2012: Microsoft Research is applying neural networks to general-purpose (approximate) computing with Neural Processing Units (joint project with Univ. Washington and Univ. of Texas)
- 2012: Intel has opened a Collaborative Research Institute for Computational Intelligence (joint center with Technion and Hebrew University)
- 2011: IBM is developing a Cognitive Chip
- 2010: NEC labs at Princeton is working on mapping neural networks to FPGAs and GPUs
Source: Olivier Temam