Rachel Schutt, Senior Research Scientist, Johnson Research Labs, describes in this DataEDGE 2013 presentation how she developed the “Introduction to Data Science” course at Columbia (Fall 2012) based on her experience as a statistician at Google and a series of informal interviews and conversations she had with data scientists in industry, and with professors. The course examined the central question of “What is Data Science?” from two perspectives: (1) Data Science is what Data Scientists do and (2) Data Science has the potential to be a deep academic discipline. More on the course here and here.
- The greatest risk with #AI is not moving fast enough to deploy it: Microsoft zd.net/2AdEYsm via @ZDNet & @TasnuvaB gPressed 41 minutes ago
- .@Intel #CIO Leverages #AI To Drive $350 Million In Revenue Growth via @peterahigh @forbes forbes.com/sites/peterhig… gPressed 2 hours ago
- RT @nyike: Sometimes you need a good story to tell to best explain #Agile or #DigitalTransformation bit.ly/2lxlM2n https://t.co/X… gPressed 2 hours ago
- RT @adambnathan: Start quaking in your boots: 47% of CEOs are being challenged to disrupt with digital technologies. Helpful summary on the… gPressed 2 hours ago
- RT @Canopach: Digital Guardian And Jabil Partner For Cloud-Delivered Cybersecurity forbes.com/sites/gilpress… #itefficacy @gilpress #cloud gPressed 3 hours ago