Rachel Schutt, Senior Research Scientist, Johnson Research Labs, describes in this DataEDGE 2013 presentation how she developed the “Introduction to Data Science” course at Columbia (Fall 2012) based on her experience as a statistician at Google and a series of informal interviews and conversations she had with data scientists in industry, and with professors. The course examined the central question of “What is Data Science?” from two perspectives: (1) Data Science is what Data Scientists do and (2) Data Science has the potential to be a deep academic discipline. More on the course here and here.
Join 1,437 other followers
- RT @GilPress: prevu.com/listings/44a-s… gPressed 1 week ago
- RT @GilPress: coldwellbankerhomes.com/ma/brookline/4… gPressed 1 week ago
- RT @GilPress: rockethomes.com/homes/44a-sain… gPressed 1 week ago
- RT @GilPress: zillow.com/homedetails/44… gPressed 1 week ago
- RT @tdav: Is Data Scientist Still the Sexiest Job of the 21st Century? via @HarvardBiz by @tdav & @dpatil. #DataScience #DataScientist #Dat… gPressed 2 weeks ago