Rachel Schutt, Senior Research Scientist, Johnson Research Labs, describes in this DataEDGE 2013 presentation how she developed the “Introduction to Data Science” course at Columbia (Fall 2012) based on her experience as a statistician at Google and a series of informal interviews and conversations she had with data scientists in industry, and with professors. The course examined the central question of “What is Data Science?” from two perspectives: (1) Data Science is what Data Scientists do and (2) Data Science has the potential to be a deep academic discipline. More on the course here and here.
- RT @Vilynx: A (very) short history of Artificial Intelligence 👉 bit.ly/2ob8d6I via @GIlPress @forbes #AI #MachineLearning cc @… gPressed 1 day ago
- RT @hansencloud: .@GilPress shares why #cybersecurity is a prerequisite for smart cities, and 6 ways to future proof for inevitable attacks… gPressed 1 day ago
- RT @angelacademe: "#Cybersecurity is a prerequisite for the smart city" >> forbes.com/sites/gilpress… via @GilPress @Forbes gPressed 1 day ago
- RT @Qlik_FR: Votre entreprise souhaite analyser les données #IoT ? Découvrez les conseils de notre expert @GilPress : https://t.co/ZRLGRRjy… gPressed 1 day ago
- RT @HarishVummidi: RT @GilPress: 6 Hot Internet of Things (#IoT) Security Technologies via @forbes #cybersecurity lnkd.in/fpCt5Mf gPressed 1 day ago