Rachel Schutt, Senior Research Scientist, Johnson Research Labs, describes in this DataEDGE 2013 presentation how she developed the “Introduction to Data Science” course at Columbia (Fall 2012) based on her experience as a statistician at Google and a series of informal interviews and conversations she had with data scientists in industry, and with professors. The course examined the central question of “What is Data Science?” from two perspectives: (1) Data Science is what Data Scientists do and (2) Data Science has the potential to be a deep academic discipline. More on the course here and here.
- RT @future_of_AI: AI Startup Navina Leverages Amazon Web Services To Improve Patient Care buff.ly/3ztZ7V0 #AI #cybersecurity #Amazo… gPressed 1 day ago
- RT @Onalytica: @GilPress we've just released a new report "Who's Who in AI" and you've been included - hope you enjoy it: https://t.co/1R4O… gPressed 1 day ago
- RT @BrandonJonesCIO: Really enjoyed this perspective from @GIlPress. Ultimately the success of a #DigitalTransformation comes down to the c… gPressed 2 days ago
- RT @WestRayPR: @GilPress for @Forbes writes about Quantum Machines "The average VC deal size for quantum computing startups in 2020 was ju… gPressed 2 days ago
- #AI #Startup Navina Leverages #Amazon Web Services To Improve Patient Care via @forbes forbes.com/sites/gilpress… #AWS #HealthTech gPressed 2 days ago