Rachel Schutt, Senior Research Scientist, Johnson Research Labs, describes in this DataEDGE 2013 presentation how she developed the “Introduction to Data Science” course at Columbia (Fall 2012) based on her experience as a statistician at Google and a series of informal interviews and conversations she had with data scientists in industry, and with professors. The course examined the central question of “What is Data Science?” from two perspectives: (1) Data Science is what Data Scientists do and (2) Data Science has the potential to be a deep academic discipline. More on the course here and here.
- RT @JohnStossel: #AmazonHQ2 will be in Long Island City and Crystal City. Unfortunately, both cities promised $millions in special privileg… gPressed 2 days ago
- RT @HyperfineCo: AI And Automation 2019 Predictions From Forrester by @GilPress buff.ly/2PhzpkJ gPressed 2 days ago
- RT @VirginiaAOsborn: Top 10 Hot Data Security And Privacy Technologies. >> buff.ly/2Ihgjqr @Fisher85M @Forbes @GilPress via @antgra… gPressed 2 days ago
- RT @antgrasso: Top 10 Hot Data Security And Privacy Technologies. Link >> buff.ly/2Ihgjqr @Fisher85M @Forbes @GilPress via @antgras… gPressed 2 days ago
- RT @IndusaITSol: @Forbes #AI And Automation 2019 Predictions From Forrester hubs.ly/H0fvp3G0 by @gilpress https://t.co/bgf8DWxSwP gPressed 2 days ago