Rachel Schutt, Senior Research Scientist, Johnson Research Labs, describes in this DataEDGE 2013 presentation how she developed the “Introduction to Data Science” course at Columbia (Fall 2012) based on her experience as a statistician at Google and a series of informal interviews and conversations she had with data scientists in industry, and with professors. The course examined the central question of “What is Data Science?” from two perspectives: (1) Data Science is what Data Scientists do and (2) Data Science has the potential to be a deep academic discipline. More on the course here and here.
- Opinion | The Trump administration sounds an alarm bell as China forges ahead on #AI wapo.st/2Impkji?tid=ss… gPressed 1 day ago
- Facebook’s chief #AI scientist: Deep learning may need a new programming language venturebeat.com/2019/02/18/fac… via @VentureBeat gPressed 1 day ago
- OpenAI: Social science, not just computer science, is critical for #AI venturebeat.com/2019/02/19/ope… via @VentureBeat gPressed 1 day ago
- Facebook's Chief #AI Scientist Yann LeCun On the Future of Computer Chips, Lawnmowers, and Deep Learning fortune.com/2019/02/18/fac… gPressed 1 day ago
- 3 things we learned from Facebook's #AI chief about the future of artificial intelligence businessinsider.com/facebook-artif… via @businessinsider gPressed 1 day ago