Rachel Schutt, Senior Research Scientist, Johnson Research Labs, describes in this DataEDGE 2013 presentation how she developed the “Introduction to Data Science” course at Columbia (Fall 2012) based on her experience as a statistician at Google and a series of informal interviews and conversations she had with data scientists in industry, and with professors. The course examined the central question of “What is Data Science?” from two perspectives: (1) Data Science is what Data Scientists do and (2) Data Science has the potential to be a deep academic discipline. More on the course here and here.
- Intel’s new #AI chips can crunch data 1,000 times faster than normal ones - via @techreview technologyreview.com/f/613964/intel… gPressed 2 hours ago
- The Future Of #AI: How Emotion AI Is Making Robots Smarter via @forbes forbes.com/sites/theyec/2… gPressed 10 hours ago
- Elon Musk wants to hook your brain up directly to computers — starting next year nbcnews.com/mach/tech/elon… via @NBCNewsMACH #AI gPressed 10 hours ago
- RT @KirkDBorne: DeepCubeA is a Self-Taught #AI that Learned and then Mastered Rubik’s Cube Without Human Help: gizmodo.com/self-taught-ai… ————… gPressed 13 hours ago
- RT @Ronald_vanLoon: Graphene could make your computer 1000 times faster by @wef | #MachineLearning #ML #DeepLearning #DL #Cloud #Computing… gPressed 13 hours ago