Rachel Schutt, Senior Research Scientist, Johnson Research Labs, describes in this DataEDGE 2013 presentation how she developed the “Introduction to Data Science” course at Columbia (Fall 2012) based on her experience as a statistician at Google and a series of informal interviews and conversations she had with data scientists in industry, and with professors. The course examined the central question of “What is Data Science?” from two perspectives: (1) Data Science is what Data Scientists do and (2) Data Science has the potential to be a deep academic discipline. More on the course here and here.
- RT @_tld_tldr: .@forbes: 141 #Cybersecurity Predictions For 2020 “2020 will bring an even stronger need to trace everything you do with you… gPressed 1 day ago
- RT @AndrewinContact: The Percentage Of Firms That Have Actually Deployed #AI Capabilities bit.ly/36QWGi5 by @GilPress @Forbes Ext… gPressed 1 day ago
- RT @MeghanMBiro: #AI Stats News: 35% Of Workers Worldwide Expect Their Job Will Be Automated via @GilPress @forbes. #automation #futureofwo… gPressed 4 days ago
- RT @Zoharlevkovitz: 141 #cybersecurity predictions for 2020 and beyond. From deep fakes influencing Presidential Elections, to fighting #AI… gPressed 4 days ago
- RT @SectigoHQ: As #quantumcomputers continue to improve, enterprises & the general public will become increasingly aware of the threat they… gPressed 4 days ago