Rachel Schutt, Senior Research Scientist, Johnson Research Labs, describes in this DataEDGE 2013 presentation how she developed the “Introduction to Data Science” course at Columbia (Fall 2012) based on her experience as a statistician at Google and a series of informal interviews and conversations she had with data scientists in industry, and with professors. The course examined the central question of “What is Data Science?” from two perspectives: (1) Data Science is what Data Scientists do and (2) Data Science has the potential to be a deep academic discipline. More on the course here and here.
- Latest from the coming #AI robot apocalypse: we're going to be fine theregister.co.uk/2018/05/14/ai_… via @theregister gPressed 5 days ago
- 43% of marketers are using Artificial Intelligence (#AI) including machine learning to expand their audiences #mktg forbes.com/sites/louiscol… gPressed 5 days ago
- RT @AccenturePolska: 10 najważniejszych trendów technologicznych, które warto obserwować w następnych latach. Świetne podsumowanie @gilpres… gPressed 1 week ago
- RT @arjenvanberkum: An interesting list of hot #Data #Security and #Privacy technologies, composed by @GilPress | ow.ly/V4cw30iu8vy gPressed 1 week ago
- RT @LaughlinPaul: Common #Data #Analysis #Mistakes, really like this visual summary @GilPress bit.ly/2Iqb7R4 https://t.co/sOi19so8… gPressed 1 week ago