Rachel Schutt, Senior Research Scientist, Johnson Research Labs, describes in this DataEDGE 2013 presentation how she developed the “Introduction to Data Science” course at Columbia (Fall 2012) based on her experience as a statistician at Google and a series of informal interviews and conversations she had with data scientists in industry, and with professors. The course examined the central question of “What is Data Science?” from two perspectives: (1) Data Science is what Data Scientists do and (2) Data Science has the potential to be a deep academic discipline. More on the course here and here.
- RT @PrajyotBh: Data is eating the world and there are numerous indicators of its ubiquitous presence in our lives. Learn more in this @Forb… gPressed 13 hours ago
- RT @Lago72: The State Of #Data, March 2021: buff.ly/3uVgJYd Great insights and research compiled by @GilPress v/ @Forbes #dataman… gPressed 13 hours ago
- RT @jibea: This AI Is A Leading Indicator Of The Future Of Work bit.ly/3gh8bH9 @GIlPress https://t.co/lvULW80lyz gPressed 13 hours ago
- RT @Anki05718313: Data is eating the world and there are numerous indicators of its ubiquitous presence in our lives. Learn more in this @F… gPressed 13 hours ago
- RT @OurCrowd: "OurCrowd is a prime example of Israel’s startup scene: dynamic, creative, risk-taking, and global-force-in-the-making." Sinc… gPressed 4 days ago