Sequoia Capital continues to retain its spot as the top investor in unicorns, with 17 currently in their portfolio including Instacart, AirBnB, and Square. Kleiner Perkins and Andreessen Horowitz were tied for second place with 15 unicorn companies each. Some other interesting points:
- 4 of the top 8 investors in unicorns are large, typically public market investors (mutual fund, bulge-bracket investment banks, etc.). Goldman, Fidelity Investments, Wellington Management, and T. Rowe Price all have 12 or more US unicorns in their portfolios.
- There are now 43 institutional investors with at least 5 US unicorns in their portfolio, compared to 14 when we did this analysis in early March.
The proportion of unicorn investments that were early-stage offers another way to gauge the firms’ relative investment prowess… Some of the best investors on this list are SV Angel (12 unicorns with 9 investments at the early stage), Y-Combinator (6 unicorns and 6 early-stage investments in unicorns), as well as First Round Capital, Benchmark Capital, and Lowercase Capital.
- RT @brunoaziza: Forbes' @GilPress 50 Predictions for #AI, #Data & #Analytics reveal unique opportunities for better #datasharing practices:… gPressed 11 hours ago
- RT @mandomando: Predicciones sobre #Inteligencia Artificial para 2020 -- IDC y Forrester por @GilPress @Forbes Sigue en https://t.co/aWY1p… gPressed 11 hours ago
- RT @Cision: From social media algorithms, to #AI, @GilPress of @forbes dives into the State of Data in 2020, and what it means for 2021. Re… gPressed 1 week ago
- RT @dwill_75: First business day of the new year - time to look ahead to what might happen in 2021 with data via a helpful collection of pr… gPressed 1 week ago
- RT @elemendar: Read: #Cybercrime will cost the world $6 trillion annually in 2021, and lots more. Great research compiled in this @Forbes a… gPressed 1 week ago