Sequoia Capital continues to retain its spot as the top investor in unicorns, with 17 currently in their portfolio including Instacart, AirBnB, and Square. Kleiner Perkins and Andreessen Horowitz were tied for second place with 15 unicorn companies each. Some other interesting points:
- 4 of the top 8 investors in unicorns are large, typically public market investors (mutual fund, bulge-bracket investment banks, etc.). Goldman, Fidelity Investments, Wellington Management, and T. Rowe Price all have 12 or more US unicorns in their portfolios.
- There are now 43 institutional investors with at least 5 US unicorns in their portfolio, compared to 14 when we did this analysis in early March.
The proportion of unicorn investments that were early-stage offers another way to gauge the firms’ relative investment prowess… Some of the best investors on this list are SV Angel (12 unicorns with 9 investments at the early stage), Y-Combinator (6 unicorns and 6 early-stage investments in unicorns), as well as First Round Capital, Benchmark Capital, and Lowercase Capital.
- RT @cgunst: #AI Improves #Healthcare? 91% Of Healthcare Executives Say It Does via @forbes @gilpress forbes.com/sites/gilpress… gPressed 8 hours ago
- RT @jlcasal: El uso de #chatbots aumentan las ventas en un 67% pero, de momento, el 87% de los consumidores prefieren a los humanos https:… gPressed 13 hours ago
- RT @qubole: Every company will take steps to become an #AI company in 2020, predicts our CEO @ashishthusoo. Read his prediction on @forbes… gPressed 13 hours ago
- #AI Improves Healthcare? 91% Of Healthcare Executives Say It Does forbes.com/sites/gilpress… gPressed 13 hours ago
- #AI Improves Healthcare? 91% Of Healthcare Executives Say It Does via @forbes forbes.com/sites/gilpress… gPressed 13 hours ago