Sequoia Capital continues to retain its spot as the top investor in unicorns, with 17 currently in their portfolio including Instacart, AirBnB, and Square. Kleiner Perkins and Andreessen Horowitz were tied for second place with 15 unicorn companies each. Some other interesting points:
- 4 of the top 8 investors in unicorns are large, typically public market investors (mutual fund, bulge-bracket investment banks, etc.). Goldman, Fidelity Investments, Wellington Management, and T. Rowe Price all have 12 or more US unicorns in their portfolios.
- There are now 43 institutional investors with at least 5 US unicorns in their portfolio, compared to 14 when we did this analysis in early March.
The proportion of unicorn investments that were early-stage offers another way to gauge the firms’ relative investment prowess… Some of the best investors on this list are SV Angel (12 unicorns with 9 investments at the early stage), Y-Combinator (6 unicorns and 6 early-stage investments in unicorns), as well as First Round Capital, Benchmark Capital, and Lowercase Capital.
- RT @BryanMoll_SWK: Very interesting data here about attitudes and future implementations of #RemoteWork. It's definitely changed many compa… gPressed 1 week ago
- RT @hconstandt: Many interesting discussions lately in how much time data scientists spend on massaging rather than mining or modeling data… gPressed 1 week ago
- RT @Technosoft_Corp: #COVID19 pandemic has resulted in work becoming virtual and remote, rather than physical and local. The #DigitalTransf… gPressed 1 week ago
- RT @rachelloumiller: The #FutureOfWork Post-Covid-19 via @forbes @GilPress #remotework #career forbes.com/sites/gilpress… gPressed 1 week ago
- RT @MaajidNawaz: I stand with my Jewish brethren #Solidarity 🧿❤️🇬🇧 On Monday at 9pm (BST) in protest, I will be in solidarity with my Jewi… gPressed 1 week ago