- Smartphone shipments grew 3 percent year over year last year, versus 10 percent the year before.
- 85% of online advertising dollars now go to Google and Facebook.
- 20% of queries on Google’s mobile platform are done using voice instead of text. Accuracy is now about 95%.
- Retail store closings could break a 20-year record this year, as Amazon is opening new retail stores.
- Amazon has become a leading supplier of baby wipes and batteries.
- There are 2.6 billion gamers today compared to just 100 million in 1995. Revenue remains concentrated in Asia, where $47 billion of the global $100 billion market was made in 2016.
- 161 million people watch e-sports every month.
- In 10 years, Netflix went from 0 to more than 30 percent of home entertainment revenue in the U.S.
- While internet growth is slowing globally, that’s not the case in India, the fastest growing large economy. The number of internet users in India grew more than 28 percent in 2016.