Big Data is an extensive amount of data that gets generated on a daily basis. Big Data has accumulated a considerable amount of attention in numerous industries such as Healthcare, Manufacturing, Finance services, and more. This has led to the rise of Big Data books since the interest among the masses in Big Data analytics keeps on growing.
Big Data books can help people learn and understand different aspects of Big Data including fundamentals, big data management, analytics, ethics, and more.
In this article, we are going to list down the 11 Best Big Data Books in 2023 for beginners and advanced readers based on your reading needs to help you understand and gain more insights on Big Data, its uses, challenges, advantages, and more.
11 Best Big Data Books in 2023
We have researched and collected a list of 11 Best Big Data Books in 2023. This includes both Beginner and advanced-level books that can help you learn more about Big Data analytics with proper guides.
Here are some of the Big Data reference books that you need to read:
1. Big Data: Concepts, Technology and Architecture
Originally Published in 2021, Big Data: Concepts, Technology, and Architecture is the perfect Big Data book that offers in-depth coverage of Big Data tools, terminology, processing and analysis techniques, and technology for beginners, researchers, graduates, and business professionals.
This book highlights all the key concepts of Big Data with proper analysis and case studies. Through this book, you’ll learn about the creation of structured, unstructured, and semi-structured data, traditional database solutions such as data analysis, SQL, machine learning, data mining, and much more.
This is one of the best big data books for beginners who want to learn and understand the concept, technology, and process of Big Data.
- Learn about unstructured, structured, and semi-structured data.
- Provides excellent data storage solutions.
- Data mining and analytics.
2. Big Data: A Revolution That Will Transform How We Live, Work, and Think
Written by Viktor Mayer-Schönberger (Author), and Kenneth Cukier (Author), this book brings a revelatory exploration of all the trending and hottest trends in technology. In this book, two of the most respected data experts in the world have revealed the reality of the Big Data world.
It has also outlined clear and actionable steps that will equip the reader for the next step of human evolution. They also highlight top issues with Big Data in every aspect of life.
The authors have provided in-depth research on big data, showcasing that big data is much more than just technology or business, it’s also a crucial part of education, government, healthcare, and more.
- Demonstrating that big data transcends beyond mere technology or business aspects.
- Explore the major challenges associated with Big Data across all spheres of life.
- Provides explicit and practical guidelines, empowering the reader for the upcoming phase of human development.
3. Big Data Management: Data Governance Principles for Big Data Analytics
This book contains a collection of some of the best practices by organizations around the world that have successfully implemented Big Data platforms. This book was written by Peter Ghavami and was published on 9 November 2020. The author has discussed the entire data management life cycle in this book, including data council, data quality, regulatory considerations, operational models, and more.
This book is a must-read for researchers, data scientists, and business leaders who are looking forward to implementing a big data platform into their companies or businesses. This book will help corporate leaders understand data analytics rigorously as this book discusses strategies, recipes, and numerous policies required for managing Big Data.
In addition, it also addresses critical matters of Big Data such as its security, privacy, controls, and much more. Overall, this is an excellent book for those who want to learn the lifecycle of Big Data management offering modern principles.
- It contains best practices by various organizations.
- Provides good insights and information about the entire Big Data management lifecycle.
- Addresses Data Security, Privacy, Controls, and more.
4. Big Data Fundamentals: Concepts, Drivers & Techniques
Published on 29 December 2015 by authors Paul Buhler, Thomas Erl, and Wajid Khattak. Big Data Fundamentals is a book that provides a pragmatic, no-nonsense introduction to Big Data. It contains clear explanations of Big Data concepts, theory, and terminology, along with fundamental technologies and techniques.
The best part about this book is that all the coverage mentioned is backed with case study examples and various simple diagrams. The authors have explained to corporate leaders how Big Data can propel their organizations or businesses forward solving a large amount of previously intractable business problems.
It also contains analysis techniques and technologies that showcase how a Big Data solution environment can be created and implemented to offer competitive benefits.
- Discover Big Data’s fundamental concepts
- Planning strategic, business-driven Big Data initiatives
- Understanding how Big Data leverages distributed and parallel processing
- Recognizing the 5 “V” attributes of Big Data: volume, velocity, variety, veracity, and value
5. Everybody Lies: Big Data, New Data, and What the Internet Can Tell Us About Who We Really Are
Unlike other books “Everybody Lies” doesn’t talk about the technical aspect of Big Data. Instead, this book provides fascinating, surprising, and at times hilarious insights into everything. The author Seth Stephens-Davidowitz has addressed everything in this book from economics to ethics to gender to sports and more, all gathered and analyzed from the Big Data world.
The primary idea suggests that whenever an individual gets asked anything regarding their likes or behavior in surveys they tend to lie. This book showcases how big data can be utilized to enhance our learning of human behavior, emotions, thoughts, and preferences. He has explored the power of digital truth serum revealing biases deeply embedded within humans.
Everyone gets touched by Big data on a daily basis, and its influence is growing at a higher rate every day. The book Everybody Lies is challenging people to understand human behavior and think differently about how we truly see the world.
- Showcases how big data can be used to understand human behavior.
- Explains the influence of Big Data growing every day.
6. Big Data Marketing: Engage Your Customers More Effectively and Drive Value
This is an impressive book that can help marketers and business leaders leverage big data insights that can ensure business success and help improve customer experience. The author has included numerous ways through which marketers can use Big Data to engage their customers more effectively.
It provides a special five-step method for a more data-driven marketing organization. This book also provides a strategic roadmap for executives through which you can start driving competitive advantage and lead the line growth.
It contains a wide range of real-world examples, additional downloadable resources, non-technical language, and much more that can help people discover the solution offered by data-driven marketing.
- It contains a 5-step approach through which you can transform your companies into a more data-driven marketing organization.
- Provides detailed strategies to drive marketing relevance.
- Contains excellent insights that can help improve customer experience.
7. Big Data: A Very Short Introduction
Published in 2017, Dawn E. Holmes, Big Data: A Very Short Introduction explains how Big Data works along with how it’s transforming the world. This is an ideal book for data scientists and beginners who want to learn about Big Data and how the data gets stored, analyzed, and more.
The author Dawn E. Holmes has utilized a wide range of case studies in this book to help people understand the process of data being stored and identified along with how it gets exploited through big companies to organizations concerned with disease control. The major topic covered in this book is Big Data’s necessity in today’s world.
- Provides an insight on how data gets stored, analyzed, and more.
- Help beginners understand the basics of Big Data.
- Contains a variety of case studies.
8. Big Data, Big Analytics: Emerging Business Intelligence and Analytics Trends for Today’s Businesses
This book contains a unique and extraordinary perspective on Big Data analytics for IT and business professionals. Published on 27 December 2012, by authors Michael Minelli, Ambiga Dhiraj, Michele Chambers.
It deals with big data and analytics worlds and offers insightful suggestions to business leaders on constructing data-driven conclusions or analysts looking for a more in-depth understanding of the industry.
It delivers information and insights about the trends in Big Data and how they affect numerous industries such as Healthcare, Financial Services, Marketing, and more. This book also takes a look at the cutting-edge companies that are supporting the new generation of business analytics.
Explaining how the new technology can be used by different businesses and companies to gather data to generate critical insights. The authors have explored a variety of topics such as Data visualization, Structured and unstructured data, Data Privacy, Security, cloud computing for big data, and more.
- Deliver an in-depth understanding of Big Data.
- Provides insights about trends in Big Data and how it impacts the industry.
- Learn how to use big data to your business to generate critical insights.
9. Big Data in Practice: How 45 Successful Companies Used Big Data Analytics to Deliver Extraordinary Results
Big Data in Practice is another excellent book that can help you understand how specific companies utilize Big Data analytics to deliver impressive results. Written by best-selling author Bernard Marr, this book provides an in-depth insight into the knowledge gap by showcasing the method through which some of the top companies are accessing big day from an up-close, on-the-ground perspective.
This book can help business leaders learn about the actual strategies and methods used by professionals to learn about the customer, improve safety, improve manufacturing, and much more. Big Data in Practice provides insight into how data analytics has been utilized in different industries such as Technology, Media and Retail, Government Agencies, Financial Institutes, Sports, and more.
Marketers can easily learn about how the data is used in each company profile, what problem it solved, the process that took place, technical details, challenges, and lessons. Learn how predictive analytics helped some most well-known companies such as Amazon, Target, and Apple to understand their customers and their perspectives.
- Showcase how big data is changing medicine, law enforcement, hospitality, fashion, science, and banking
- Develop your own big data strategy by accessing additional reading materials at the end of each chapter.
- Provides an insight on how data analytics is being used in different industries.
10. Big Data: Principles and Best Practices of Scalable Realtime Data Systems
Published on 29 April 2015, by authors Nathan Marz and James Warren. This book “Big Data” provides a clear guide on how you can build big data systems by utilizing architecture. Which can take advantage of the clustered hardware in addition to new tools that are designed specially to analyze and apprehend the web-scale data.
In this book, the author has described a scalable, and easy-to-understand process for the big data systems which can be produced and easily handled by a small team.
Apart from this, this book also delivers a practical guide to its readers about the idea and functioning of big data systems, how you can execute them in their practice, and how exactly you can deploy and manage them by utilizing straightforward techniques.
Overall, this is an excellent book for data scientists and those users who are looking for ways to build big data systems, as it can help provide easy-to-understand and scalable approaches.
- Learn how to build big data systems by utilizing architecture.
- Provides a realistic guide to its readers about the idea and functioning of big data systems
- Explains methods on how to build big data systems.
11. Data Science and Big Data Analytics: Discovering, Analyzing, Visualizing and Presenting Data
Data Science and Big Data Analytics is another excellent book choice for beginners who want to understand and learn about Big Data. This book was published on 19 December 2014, and it covers numerous parts of Big Data analytics such as overview, data structure, data analysis lifecycle, key roles for new big data ecosystem, and more.
This book covers the breadth of methods, activities, and tools that are utilized by Data Scientists along with deploying a structured lifecycle approach to the problems generated in Data analytics. It focuses on the principles, concepts, practical applications, and more that are applied and used in the industry and technology environment.
It also includes numerous examples and learning that are supported and explained to replicate the usage of open-source software.
- Deploy a structured lifecycle method to data analytics problems
- Apply suitable analytic techniques and tools to inspect big data
- Discover the art of crafting persuasive narratives using data to inspire decisive business initiatives.
Big Data books can help provide valuable insights, techniques, and real-life examples that can enhance your knowledge of Big Data and eliminate any complexities.
Whether you are a beginner or business leader or simply a Big Data enthusiast these above-mentioned books can help you expertise in Big Data through its comprehensive guides, strategies, innovations, business success, and more. Users can either purchase these books online or download big data books pdf to acquire the knowledge of Big Data.